2014 Tuner Rules
Four or six cylinder front wheel drive cars are eligible with wheelbase between 92-105 inches. No all wheel drive. No all-wheel steer. No turbos. Cars can be modified, as long as they keep their stock appearance. Cars must run on pump gasoline only.
1. All exterior trim, including lights, body moldings, mirrors, etc. must be removed.
2. Cars must have stock frame, stock firewall, and stock floor pan. All openings in firewall & floor pan must be covered. Hood must be secured with a minimum of two hood pins each. All glass must be removed from the vehicle except front windshield. Front windshield may be replaced with lexan.
3. All flammable interior trim is to be removed from passenger compartment & trunk.
4. Racing seat is REQUIRED. Seat shall be mounted to roll cage.
5. A full four or six point Standard roll cage is required. Cage must go completely from left to right side and may not protect just the driver's side. All cars must have a minimum of three door bars on the driver's side and two on the passenger side. Minimum 1/8" thick plate must be welded or bolted to the outside of the river's door bars. Cages must be welded or bolted to the floor of the car. Roll cage tubing must be minimum 1 ½" diameter and .095 thickness.
6. Main shut-off switch must be easily accessible by Safety Personnel, and clearly labeled as such.
Tires & Suspension:
1. Only Hoosier 790 permitted. Steel 7 inch wide maximum racing wheels permitted.
2. Cars must maintain a 5 inch minimum ride height. Frame and body.
3. All four brakes must remain stock. ABSOLUTELY NO ABS OR TRACTION CONTROL. All ABS sensors must be disabled.
4. Cars that have a fuel tank mounted in front of rear axle may use stock tank. If tank is not mounted in front of rear axle, a fuel cell must be used and securely mounted in the trunk area of the car.
Engines & Transmission:
1. Must use stock style starter. Battery may be relocated to an area behind driver. If so, it must be secured & covered.
2. Transmission must have working forward and reverse gears.
Snell-rated SA95, SA2000, SA2005 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in drivers compartment (Fire retardant highly recommended). SFI full fire suit required. Fire retardant neck brace, gloves, and shoes required. (Fire retardant head sock and underwear; head and neck restraints; highly recommended). Driver side window net required and must be mounted so that the latch is at the top of front window. Minimum three inch wide, five point safety belt assembly required, must be mounted securely to the roll cage. (Highly recommended to be no more than three years old). Fire extinguisher required.
1.Radios are not allowed. Drivers MUST use a scanner to monitor race control.
2. Cars must be professional looking at all times.
3. Numbers/Decals: All numbers shall be in contrasting color from body, affixed to both doors and top, be at least 4 inches thick and 20 inches tall, and be readable from the passenger side of car.
Make sure you're subscribing to the official Shadybowl Twitter Feed and Facebook page!